Delightful Place Cards
Tip your hat to the occasion by making these delightful personalized place cards from miniature flowerpots
You can also make a large version of this Pilgrim hat for a complementary centerpiece.
What You Need:
- 3-inch terra-cotta flowerpots
- Acrylic paints in black, white, red, and blue
- Crafting foam in black, yellow, green, and purple
- Thick white crafts glue
- Black fabric paint pen
1. Decorate the pots. Paint each pot black and allow it to dry. Choose a color to paint the band around the top of each pot. Let it dry. Make white dots on the rest of each pot by dipping the handle end of a paintbrush in white paint and dotting onto the surface.
2. Add brims. Trace a circle from black foam about 1/2 inch wider all around than the pot opening, using an appropriate size dish, cup, or lid. Cut out.
3. Make the buckles. For each pot, measure the width of the band (the portion painted a different color). Cut a rectangle from foam that measures about 1/8 inch deeper than the band. Cut out a smaller rectangle from the center. Glue the buckle to the band. Let the glue dry.
4. Personalize for each guest. Use a black paint pen to write a name on each colored band. Allow the paint to dry before using.
Article found on BHG.com