Candy buffets and sweets stations are really popular now days, but why not spice it up for the holidays with a "Build Your Own Hot Chocolate Bar." Your guests will be sure to enjoy this wonderful heart-warming treat!
Hot Cocoa Bar How-To’s
- Use fancy mugs. This can be an fun, attractive way to tie in your colors.
- Have a few assortments of flavored hot cocoa. Some favorites that would also act as a perfect base for your guests’ creations would be peppermint, white chocolate, and dark chocolate. Make sure the liquid starts out HOT. The room temperature add-ins will cool the cocoa quickly.
- Finely chop your chunky add-ins so they will melt well.
- Have both liquid and dry options for add-ins.
Hot Cocoa Bar Add-Ins
- Marshmallows (what hot cocoa isn’t complete without this staple?)
- Peppermint sticks
- Flavored syrups
- Flavored whipped cream
- Cinnamon sticks
- Orange twists or rinds
- Chopped up candy bar
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate truffles
- Caramel squares
- Candied ginger
If hot cocoa isn’t your style, but you’re still looking for that exclusive, unique touch you may want to opt for a caramel apple bar or even a s’mores bar. Both have the same idea as the hot cocoa bar - You start with the base and add toppings or mix-ins to personalize. The options are limitless. Whatever your preference, a creative food bar can be a great tool to give your reception that extra “it” factor you’ve been looking for.
Thank you for this wonderful information - blog.thebrideandgroom.com